I had the privilege of being flown out for a day to photograph this gorgeous San Francisco Engagement session in July. When Lyndsey a childhood friend of mine reached out to me to see if I’d be available to photograph her and Christian’s engagement session and wedding I was absolutely ecstatic! Shooting in a new locations is such an amazing thing as a photographer. I show up with fresh eyes, relishing the new sights and being in awe of the unfamiliar beauty. Lyndsey and Christian were absolutely amazing hosts and made me feel so welcomed immediately. I can relate to these two so well and loved spending the whole afternoon leading up to the engagement session with them. There love for one another is unlike any other I have witnessed. They are so kind, affectionate, and present with one another which makes them a breeze to photograph.
How did you two meet?
- LYNDSEY: We met at work – I had just moved and started a new job at a startup outside of DC. Our HR gal took me around the office on my first day, and he was the first person she introduced me to. As soon as I shook his hand and looked him in the eye, I turned bright red over how handsome he was. I definitely think there was something inside me that knew this guy was going to be more than just a coworker.
- CHRISTIAN: We met at work — I saw Lyndsey around the office every day and worked on several projects with her. Very soon she was all I could think about. I remember falling for her almost instantly after we talked for the first time outside of work at a happy hour with some other coworkers.
- LYNDSEY: Toughest question ever. There are so many things I love about Christian – his patient and kind soul, his love for family, the passion he has for his work. Those are just the first things that come to mind. I guess when you sum it all up, he is my rock. He grounds me and makes me want to strive to be the best version of myself.
- CHRISTIAN: Lyndsey is my favorite person in the world. When I am around her I feel incredibly full of joy. No matter where we are or what we are doing I always feel content when I’m with her—I never experienced that from another person.There are so many qualities that I love about her— to name a few she is the most passionate, thoughtful, positi
ve, patient, caring individual I have ever met. I feel so much love whenever I’m with her.
- BOTH: We picked Thomas Fogarty Winery because it truly has all of the elements we were looking for – vineyards, breathtaking views and it’s our own private space on the day of our wedding. It also is so versatile in the way you can use it, which we love. Before we landed on this venue, we had done a TON of research on winery venues all over the Bay Area (side note: if anyone needs an intense venue shopping Google Sheet, let us know). We researched around 30 and went and visited probably half of those. Sounds like a lot, but it was so worth it when we finally found exactly what we were looking for.
- LYNDSEY: Thinking about doing first looks with Christian, and my dad. And having all the people we love in one place celebrating with us. Our immediate families have been together multiple times, and just knowing how much fun those times are, I can’t wait to get the rest of our family and friends in the mix.
- CHRISTIAN: Seeing Lyndsey walk down the aisle. Celebrating with all of our families together. I don’t think there will ever be another time in our life when all of our favorite people will be together in one place—I can’t wait for that.
- LYNDSEY: I’m an event planner at heart so jumped right into planning mode as soon as we got engaged. My biggest advice is BREATHE – recognize the moments where you need to take a break from planning, and take that break. Planning should be enjoyable, not a task 🙂
- CHRISTIAN: Just to enjoy the process and try not to get too hung up on the little things.